Nuffnang Ad

Friday, December 17, 2010

jC's holidays- ep8: Visiting Underground city and Goreme Valley and finally stay in HILTON!

Wake up very early in the morning, my mind was fulled with exhilarated mood because we were going to experience the hot air balloon in Cappadocia!! After we all had finally ready, my tour leader only informed us that the hot air balloon trip was cancelled due to the strong wind today. Sigh! It made all of us overwhelmed with disappointed mood. Since we were early and got nothing to do, we took photo with the hotel.
Staying in 5 stars hotel.
Dedeman hotel :)
jC with plants again. LOL.
At around 8am, we departed from the Dedeman Hotel and headed to the Underground city. So bad it was not only having strong wind, but raining heavily!! :( I really annoyed 'coz I didnt bring my umbrella and still need to walk about 300m before reaching the entrance. This Underground city of Kaymakli was built around second century by the Christians to protect themselves from attacked by the Romans. The Romans believed in their own religion and did not like the Jesus. But then most of the Romans became Christians in 5th century. This underground city was used for hiding purposes in 7th century again when the Christians was attacked by the Muslims.

Walking through tunnels to tunnels.
I really admire the smartness of the people. I couldnt understand how they dig and connect tunnels to tunnels from layer to layer. Only their own gang knew which way was the correct path to the exit while enemy used to trapped inside the underground city.
People used to step on the grapes and collect the juice and stored it.Pestled the food here made the rocks fulled of holes.
The rain hadnt stop after we visited the underground city. I realised that it was snowing abit too. Maybe the low temperature made the water droplets frozen? Somehow, my hands really COLD and rushed back to the bus as fast as possible.
Luckily, the rain stopped when we reached the Goreme Valley!! If not, I think I really gonna be sick because we gonna walked without any roof there ==. Goreme Valley was a wonderful travelling spot too! The structures of the house were weird. Again, it made me admire the smartness of the olden time people again. How they digged the mountain empty and lived inside? I was confused and I didnt get the answer. There are hundreds of chapels carved into the hillsides and the first religious colonies found here dates back to 373 AD.

Does the 'house' looked odd? People really lived inside last time. I wonder how they did it? @@
The mountains and the house = the amazing view! :D
Candid snap by TL.
It was really a special view!

jC loves the view! ^^V
We took a lot of photo in Goreme Valley because every side of this place were a picture itself. My tour guide - Mr Sanol described it as moonlight landscape. We did visit 3 of the churches here but too bad we were not allowed to take photo inside.
Then we were having our lunch in a nearby restaurant.
LOL. Pattern alots before entering the restaurant -__-
Let me lead you to the restaurant. It did not look like restaurant.
Acting emo. Over looking my hometown and my family here when I miss home... LOL
We finished our lunch at around 1pm and started the drive to Ankara, the capital of Turkey. Another 4 hours drive. We expected to see a thick layer of snow covered the road in Ankara as the news days before was talking about the heavy snow in Ankara. Who knows, our hope gone. The snow had all melted and there wasnt even a piece of snowflake when we reached the city. We were disappointed again. I want to play on snow. I want to make a snowman. I want to throw the snowball. But all to no avail. :(
We had our set dinner in the Old Train Station Restaurant. The first time I ate fish in Turkey. Finally there was one meal without chicken!! This was the best dinner I had in Turkey. XD After that, we checked into hotel. High spirit as I was going to stay in Hilton Hotel tonight!!! I had been looking forward since a long time ago. Actually it was nothing special there larrr, just it was famous.
In the lobby :)
Enjoy my night. Here I come, my bed!! ^__^
-TO BE CONTINUED-

No comments: