Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, December 12, 2010

jC's holidays- ep3: in Turkey, Istanbul

It was now the third day of my travelling. The day I was going to take the airplane and fly to Turkey. I woke up at about 7am and departed from Hotel Saudi at around 9am. My flight was at 11.20am GMT+2. I had travelled Amman, the capital of Jordan and what I could total up is this country aint as great as I thought. I could just describe this country as "yellow" for the yellow sand, the sand storm, the withered trees... I not dare to harbour much hope about Turkey. I thought this would be another lame country, no fun and very kampung style. Somehow, my tour leader - Mr. Enzy Leow kept praising the beauty of Turkey. I wondered. I doubt.

With Jordan driver in front of Queen Alia International Airport.
I truly appreciate KLIA more when I was there!
Taking plane *trembling!*
Inside the RJ plane. This plane is small!
Again, the meal :)
I LOVE THE CLOUD!! amazing great scenery isnt it? ;D Arriving~ say HI to Turkey!! ^^
I reached Istanbul at about 1.45pm and I was SHOCKED by this country. It was not the same as Jordan. It did not have the yellow-ness as Jordan. On the other hand, the land was filled with greenish grass! It was not as sandy, as kampung, as lame as I thought. It was a great view! Istanbul is an amazing big city which located in both Asia and Europe. This city just like our KL, somehow it isnt just a reinforced concrete jungle, it is also a city fulled with lotsa olden days' memories. It is a city conquered by Byzantine, Rome and Islamic empire. Thats why the buildings along the roadside mixed the Islamic element and the European style as well. It is a brand new modern civilised town! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!
Since it was Sunday, the travelling spots we were planning to visit were closed. Thus, Enzy the tour leader requested for another place which is not in our itinerary which is TAKSIM SQUARE!!! This is the biggest square and the most bustling spot in Istanbul. This 3km road is filled with shopssss at side and vehicles are not allowed. Start to shop!! huhu XD
Forget to intruduce my tour guide - Mr Sanol!! His name pronounced as 'Say-No', a funny name and made all of us burst out laughing. We kept tease him by saying "Come on, say YES larrr!". He laughed too!! He is a handsome man with fruent and accurate English. His voice, pronounciation and his laughing are fascinating and captivative!! :)
Really hustling bustling! People from all walks of life. Many people stared as us and I even heard people screaming 'Ohh, CHINESE!!!'. LOL xD coz mere Chinese there. All greeted my eyes were people with yellow hair and green or blue eyes and that made us so special, HAHA!
Squeeeeeze into one photo: these are small small stall along the way, mainly selling chestnuts and bread. I tried one and it is hard! The toasting of the chestnuts made the road very smokyyy and I dont like it. Oh ya, you may see many people smoking here no matter guys or ladies :(
The sky darken at around 5pm and the strong cool breeze really made one trembling like a leaf. My hands get frozen and hardly feel anything!!! We left the noise and checked into Hotel Sheraton then. After a short break, we departed to have a belly dance show and dinner at 8.15pm.
Waving the flag :)
The red colour of the Turkey flag considered to be a sign of good luck. The crescent moon and the star are the symbol of Islam. Simple.

Quite a lame show. Belly dance, tradition dance, belly dance, tradition dance and the show goes on and on for 2 hours! Bored Z.z However, the belly dance dancers are poor, they danced till sweating alots! I respect them.



The set dinner. Every set lunch or dinner is the SAME!! Salad without mayonnaise, but with olive oil and vinegar followed by bread and tomato/vege/patato/mushroom soup followed by chicken rice and fruits at last. The first time you received this type of menu you will feel WOAH, a great meal. But after you have it nearly every meal, you will cry your heart out and start to miss your nasi lemak and otak otak :P


With a fully filled stomach, we back into hotel and have our good night sleep :)
-TO BE CONTINUE-

No comments: