Nuffnang Ad

Monday, December 16, 2013

Visiting Peranakan Mansion with lovely friends

Fetch Giraffe girl from the jetty. This was the first time for her to take ferry alone to Penang island, I felt so touched that she took risk to come and join us! Thanks :)

After having lunch, we moved to Peranakan Museum. There are a lot of furniture, clothing, antiques and collections about Baba and Nyonya being shown here to let the visitors knew more about this special community. This building was built at 19th century and once served as the residence and office of Kapitan Cina Chung Keng Kwee (甲必丹郑景贵). Though he wasn't a Baba, his house was like a typical large Baba house with Chinese carved wood furniture, English floor tiles and so on. *referred to the official website* The entrance ticket was quite expensive, RM20/ person. Since we are students, we were given 20% discount. LOL 
The entrance.

Singapore drama 'Little Nyonya' was taken here. No wonder I felt familiar when I entered. :D
My lovely friend 1, Yee Ching. 
Lovely friend 2, Giraffe Yee Xien. :)
We, acting so lady. XD

Carrying the basket.
The dining hall. Tok-panjang.
The shoes 绣珠鞋

The old TV.
The wardrobe
The girls.
There were lotsa Kebaya.
The bed pillow and bolster.
账簿
The girls.
The girls *Close up*
Thanks to the staff, we looked fair and nice. :)

Me.
记账?
庭院深深深几许
祠堂
I felt dizzy and uncomfortable here.
我才知道荣阳是郑。My surname. :D
Pretending playing the card.

The main staircase.

Afterwards Yee Ching drove us to Penang Road to have Cendol and Penang Laksa. The first time for me to try Penang Laksa, it was delicious though I felt weird when I first tasted it. Cendol is my all time favourite especially under this merciless hot sun!
Drove Yee Xien back to the jetty and that's the end of the lovely trip among us girls. I hope I could visit Penang the next time, such a nice place filled with special culture and travelling spot. 
Selca in the car. Hippo and Giraffe. =)

Buh-bye my girls, see you all in the last day in 2013, let's countdown together!!

No comments: