Nuffnang Ad

Friday, December 13, 2013

Chang Thai Restaurant @ Hatyai

This is my very first time visiting Thailand. My aunt was planning the Bangkok trip and even booked the flight but since it was very messy due to the political protest over there recently and so we gotta cancelled the trip. :(

So, my aunt planned another trip which is only visiting her friend in North Malaysia and thanks a lot to her friend as she brought us and entertained us in Hatyai.
Taking KTM train from Arau to Hatyai.
Arau to Padang Besar only took us about 20 minutes whereas Padang Besar to Hatyai spent us around 1 hour.

Reached there about 11am (which was around 12pm in Malaysia time) and so the first place to treat our stomach was this place!
Now, I am going to present my first meal in Thailand. :)
CHANG Thai Restaurant.
It was opposite the air force airport in Hatyai.
The FOC welcoming dishes, everything was raw! 
There were cabbage, long bean, ginger which tasted like mango, cucumber and a lot of leaves that I don't recognize. Eaten with the chilli sauce provided, it tasted weird when I first ate it but was alright after that. Not really like it coz I am a leaves-hater.
Fried coconut shoot with carrot and prawns.
The most spicy dish among all. 
Fried eggs with leaves. It tasted nice!
Dish that I love the most among all. There were fried onions, serai, cili padi and so on. 
With lemon juice perhaps, it tasted sweet sour and spicy and crispy.
Prawns and meat.
Tomyam fish with coconut shoot.
Fried fish.
The fish was superb crispy.

After checked-in Sing Golden Place Hotel, we immediately taking tuk-tuk to the market nearby. Shopping is a must do in Thailand. But since I have only 2 days 1 night here I got not enough time for shopping and I bought very little clothes (4 colour leggings, 1 dress, 3 tops, 2 skirts) I think that was considered very very little compared to how my friend bought like everything is free. 

Shopping is tiring because you have to do all the bargain and searching and thinking and walking and carrying. So we got baked coconut drinks in the stall by the roadside. I got PMS so I got to share the drinks with my aunt coz it was too cold for girls who PMS. The drink was cool and fresh and sweet but the coconut meat that we got was a little bit too old so it was hard.

The candid of me.
Afterwards, we were taking tuk-tuk back to hotel to claim a short rest and headed to dinner.

1 comment:

Helen Tey said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting story of your trip to Hatyai...The place i guess is not that interesting as I know, but your post are.. haha.. ^-^