Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My second week as a teacher trainee :)


It's my second week of practicum and glad to tell I'm alright.

I start to enjoy writing RPH than anything else when I think of the reactions of my kids when they turn the RPH real. Their laughing faces are now my biggest motivation to carry on. But somehow these few days I am a bit disappointed on myself. I start to feel my class is a bit quiet and passive. I did reflect on myself. I really did but I don't know the reason. Maybe they are still the same attitude the same active but I get used to it so I feel nothing. Maybe they really feel bored? Perhaps not. I think they had lost the freshness and me either.

Observed by Mdm. Wee and also lecturer this week. I was a little bit nervous before I entered the class but once I entered, the panic gone. I had so many things to remember and pay attention during class for example the time control, the language I used, the reactions of students and so on. I hardly find any time to spot the expression of the teacher and the lecturer who sit behind. I kept telling myself I gotta show them how good and how professional I am, I mustn't scare, I must be confident! The marks from Mdm. Wee is moderate and the comments from lecturer is moderate too. They didn't give me any negative remarks so I feel I'm quite okay since no news is good news isn't it? Perhaps my marks could be higher next time. 

This week ended fruitfully. Besides the observation, I joined 2 school activity. I was a bit disappointed when I miss my class on Monday because I had to take care of all the Year 1, 2, 3 students in a storytelling session as all the school teachers were having meeting. I found that I am not a good ice-breaker. I can't tell nice story. My voice was bored. The kids gave me fully support though, I felt thankful yet I didnt feel satisfy on how I performed. I hope my talking skill could improve. 


I joined the merentas desa on Wednesday. I didn't join the running of course coz of the super hot day merciless sun. I contribute myself to lead the aerobic session. Since my partner got to be in the checkpoint on time, I dance myself on the stage, in front of all Year 3,4,5,6 students and some teachers. Butterflies flying in my stomach again! I felt super embarrass but I kept telling myself this is a good chance to expose myself and learn, I gotta be more active and I self-high on stage. Thanks to the teacher who praised me and said I looked so professional and I danced well. *Blush blush.*
 I'm leading the warming up and aerobic session. :D
Students and teachers from SJKC Chung Cheng.

Another 2 weeks before the first practicum ended. I started to miss the packed and regular life like this. I hope I could perform and teach better in the last two weeks.
God bless.
:)

No comments: