Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Australia trip Day 6 - Melbourne city tour


Today can be considered as Family Day because my cousin sister - Gladys jie jie is going to drive us to Melbourne city for city tour! We departed at around 10am. It was about 40 mins from her house at Glen Waverley to the city. She parked her car at the underground car park and we walked around the city for the whole day. The parking fare in Australia is expensive! We always bother about the 40 cents and 60 cents parking coupon in Muar. The parking fees in Australia all over 10bucks!! XO

Jie jie introduced a lot of spots in the city. Though it was quite tiring lah walking for the whole day, I felt enjoyable too! This was because I could keep fit it was such a rare chance to hangout with ah jie. I always hope I could get closer with my cousin because I have so few cousins only, there are only 2 for my dad's side. But because of the generation gap, languages and distance, I wasnt that close with them, thus I always appreciate the time to be with them even I never talk much with them. 

Back to the topic! HAHA :D
State library i Melbourne
RMIT University where Glen gor gor further his studies in design.
Queen Victoria Market
The meat section. Though it is quite smelly, the condition is much much cleaner than our pasar here.
Vege and fruits section. There are so many types of vege I never see in Malaysia like beetroot, eggplant  etc. Eggplant is actually brinjal but it is fatter and shorter.
Cheese, ham, olive oil section. We only got Kraft cheese in the supermarket I think, but there are so so many types and shape of cheese being sold in Australia. Same goes to sausages and ham.
Colourful Macarons. $2.50 for one and so I didnt buy.
Jie jie brought me the French bread. Tasty nom nom!!

She brought me the Churros Spanish Donuts too! It tasted like yao-zha-kueh with sugar and also Auntie Anne's bread in Malaysia. *Mouth watering when I think of its taste at this moment*

Knitted art work along the roadside. Jie jie told us this was done by some association all over the city for some donation purpose? Forgotten. It is special!
The very yellowish-green tree.

Me and my aunt in front of a heritage building.
Photo of the day - JUMP!
*Credited by jie jie*
Melbourne Museum.
If you got the chance to visit Melbourne city, dont miss out this place! If you think that museum is all about history, culture and antique, you are so wrong! My impression about the words 'Museum' had been changed thoroughly after I visited this museum. Bring your student card and it will be free of charge for you. Malaysia student card with only BM is acceptable too. How nice, $10 saved. :)
This colorful box is the children site of the museum.
Can you spot the difference between Malaysia museum and Melbourne museum now?
I bet you will never see such menjolok-mata-picture in the public in Malaysia? Well, there is even a video showing how the sexual intercourse happened, how a woman get pregnant and the process of a mother give birth to a bloody and sticky baby. Lotsa specimen like human brain, digestive organ, respiratory organ being displayed. I found The Human Body Section is very interesting! Too bad I have no much time to read words by words.

There is one site about The Mind also quite interesting for those who like to know why different people think differently or maybe dreams. 
There is one room that showed you a 3D video about how our Earth formed, through collision, earthquake, etc at the Science and Life Gallery. Lots of gold nuggets, giant and colourful crystal displayed here.
There is Phar Lap in the museum too.
There is a Melbourne Gallery that tells the Melbourne's unique and changing tale. A lot of specimen of the Birds of Paradise here. Birds of Paradise are very colourful and beautiful, that is why the native in Australia made a wig using it's feathers. A native has to made a wig before he gets marriage.

The wig.
The natives' photo. They make up and dance like Birds of Paradise when they are going to marriage.

With the national emblem of Australia.
Kangaroo on the left and Emu on the right.
There are 6 states in Australia: Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, West Australia, Queensland and Tasmania.
View in the museum. It looked so modern huh! The atmosphere is relaxing and quiet.
We spent about 2-3 hours in the museum and yet we couldnt finish reading all the explanations. I hope I could have another chance to be in here again because this is really an awesome museum! I think it is like a science centre rather than just a museum actually. Very little sejarah in this museum. *Strongly recommend* XD

The Flinders Street Train Station.

The man kindly invited me to climb up the coach and take a photo.
Ride? No. $60 per ride!
Trams all over the city.
Trams, buses, cars, coaches on the same road. It is a normal scene in the city.

Spent half a day in the city and walk half a day here too, from 11am to 4pm. Fulled with satisfactory and happiness. Back to Glen Waverley to have dinner with Glen gor gor and his family in a restaurant named Malacca! The food there is nice and the price is reasonable. Also strongly recommend for Malaysian visitors because all sort of Malaysia food that you miss will appear on the menu such as Char-Kueh-Tiaw, laksa, nasi goreng, nasi lemak, mee goreng, Wan-Tan-Mee, etc. :)
This is how my first Saturday in Australia going on.                                         
TO BE  CONTINUED......

No comments: