Nuffnang Ad

Monday, December 29, 2014

Fangirl



FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell
Worth reading: ★★☆ (8/10)
Reason: The story is simple and flows smoothly. The characters are very adorable.

I get to know a lot of popular books from Youtube recently.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell seemed to be like one of the books that gathers a high popularity among the booktuber.
I checked and knew that it gets a 4.2 out of 5 marks in Goodreads.
So, how could I miss out this book which is highly rated and highly recommended?

Erm, this is a novel about a girl Cath who has just entered an university with her twins sister Wren for the very first time.
For being Cath's twins, sharing room and clothes in their entire life, Wren decided not to be Cath's roommate anymore during their U. 
So Cath has to explore this whole new world herself.
 But she is not as good as her sister Wren in this part. She doesn't drink, doesn't want to attend parties and so.
I think that Cath is quite a nerdy girl.
She always hide in her room, reading and typing fanfiction about the Simon Snow story.
She is actually quite a famous author in Fanfiction world. She has many readers but she is not a sociable girl who can interact well with the outside world.
I personally like the part when she first meets her roommate Reagan.
The interaction between them is really cute. Haha. This makes me recall the scene when I first met my roomie in college. I miss it.
Omg, I like Levi too! Levi is Reagan's ex-boyfriend and present good friend who always hangs in Cath and Reagan's room.
And slowly Levi falls in love with Cath.
Levi is really a sweet guy. The flirting part among them adores me too. :P
Cath also faces some problem in her studies. 
She is taking friction-writing. She can write using some existed characters but she just couldn't make her own.

This story is very simple. There are a lot of dialogues in between.
Since this story is all about the life of a newbie when she just gets into U, it makes me feel kinda familiar especially the scene of first meeting with roomie, leaving home and how scare to be in a new surrounding alone.
There are a lot of Simon Snow original part and fanfiction part at the end of every chapters.
To be honest, I skipped quite a lot.
I like the actual story flow but not the Simon Snow part because I found it is not very related with the story itself.

All in all, this story is a well written one. 
The characters are so so adorable. It makes you want to know them in person. Haha.
I feel very comfortable and relaxing while reading this book.
:)

Woke up this morning and surprised that my holidays is extended one more week.
Due to the flood.
I felt pity for the victims because it is really a great lost to have their own home destroyed in a night. God bless them. :)
But I felt great to have another week of holidays lah.
I thought I have to start packing and get mentally prepared to step into my final year next week, but great to know that I have extended holidays.
Thus, I can read another piece of book perhaps?
 I've decided what to read the next. Ciao and back to reading. =D

No comments: