Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Australia trip Day 15 & 16 - Canberra Sydney trip Day 3 & 4

I had a very delicious Western breakfast for today and ready to kick off the city tour in Sydney.
The first place was the Mrs. Macquarie's Chair in the Botanical garden. This was where Mrs Macquarie sat and waited for his husband to come back from England.


Harbor Bridge and Opera House in a gloomy day.
The art gallery in Sydney.

It started to rain when we reached St. Mary Cathedral. It was a very beautiful and solemn cathedral. Too bad we were not allowed to take photo inside the cathedral. And we were chased out from the cathedral because there were some school activities held there at that time. 

St. Mary Cathedral. (=

We crossed the road to visit the Hyde Park (海德公园).
The fountain
Sydney tallest building - Sydney Tower.
Chilli-red flowers tree. It looked so charming and nice!
I looked slim :P

Birds

We then headed to visit the Harbor Bridge and Opera House that we came here last night. Too bad the rain was getting stronger. We took some photo under the rain quickly.
Opera house was so near to me!!
Had our buffet lunch in the Captain Cook Cruises.
First time see the other side of the Sydney Opera House.

The ferry


I had taken so many photo of this Opera House, from every different distance and different angle. Just uploaded some to my blog here. hehe.
Luna Park.

We get off the cruise at the Darling Harbor port. On the way walking to the Sydney Aquarium, I found the Madame Tussauds Sydney (杜莎夫人蜡像馆). I searched about this before I came to Australia but I dont know where it is. I felt so happy when I met this. Although I didnt have the chance to enter, thankfully there was David Beckham waxwork outside. I immediately took a photo with it. 

Queued up to enter the Sydney Aquarium.
The giant lobster!!!
There were little penguin here too! 
Pretty jellyfish.

Stingray!! Yucks.
The very cute Dugong!!!
Gorgeous Lionfish! 
Nice shot.
The Shark!! There were a lot of sharks in this aquarium!

After visiting the aquarium, we took the monorail to go back to our hotel - Holiday Inn. The monorail wasnt very comfortable as the seats were very limited and the space was narrow.
With Jia Jia auntie. :)
Our Sydney trip ended at 4pm sharp. My aunt's secondary school friend came to meet us after her work. We took a train to the area she stayed. The seats of the train were like buses. It was so different with MRT in Singapore. She took her car from the carpark at the train station and brought us to a temple she often went. We had our dinner at her house. She has a Irish housemate who can speak Chinese fluently. I was so surprise by her. That could be considered a small gathering among my aunt and her long-time-no-see secondary school friends. Warm :)
Back to hotel at around 10pm.

The last day was actually a whole day coach journey. Depart from Sydney and head back to Melbourne. Didnt have any travelling spot for us to visit. I  kept sleeping in the bus and down for toilet and lunch and back to the bus and continued sleeping. That was what I did for the whole day. Reached Melbourne city at 7pm. ><
Photo with my Canberra Sydney tour guide - Nate Li. 
To be frank, I dislike him in the beginning because he was not very polite but since he so sayang Tuanjie di di and chatted quite often with us, I think he is quiet a good tour guide too. In the end of our journey, he said something which was quite touching. He hoped we could remember the city we visited this few days and when we talk about our journey, dont forget to mention him, not only as a responsible tour guide, but also a friend of us. :)

No comments: