Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, February 11, 2016

From a trainee to a real teacher.


Hello readers. I am back!
I planned to update my blog everyday but too bad there is no wifi/unifi fixed at my new rent house in JB and damn my broadband not allowed me to do it. Damn!
Oops, maybe you haven't update me in a while and get confused by what I mentioned above huh?
Let's me get you updated now!

Erm, how I turned into a real teacher...
I graduated from IPTHO last year September and I went through my SPP interview last year December 7, and I passed my interview!
I posted to my origin state Johor on 15 Jan *if not mistaken* and I was praying hard, hopefully that I would get posting in one of the school in my lovely hometown Muar.
But luck was not at my side.
The result came out on 19 Jan.
And when I saw 'Johor Bahru' appearing on my laptop screen, I started to weep and then wail.
I was quite well-prepared I might not get posting in my hometown but when the real result came out, I just lost control. I couldn't really accept it.
It wasn't too bad to be posted to Jb compared to some ulu-ulu places. I should feel lucky.
But the moments when I think of I have to leave my family again for don't know how many years, I just couldn't control my tears.
I cried for one whole day, uncontrollably, and my eyes get swollen.
I really felt bad for not able to be with them all the time, taking care and making jokes for them.

Anyhow, on 21st Jan, I still went to report on duty at the PPD JB. 
I consider myself as an experienced driver but that was the first time I drove to JB.
Of course, I felt scared and worried but I need to be calm and steady so that it could lessen worries from family.
I went to my school and met headmaster and new colleagues for the first time.
Although I still felt really sad thinking of leaving home, there was some new expectation to start my new life in a new city, too.
I like my school, those facilities, new environment and new friends.

On 23rd Jan, I moved to Jb.
Jb isn't a strange city for me. I always went there for calligraphy exhibitions throughout these few years.
I moved in a new house with new friends.
I really like the house. It is spacious, clean and safe.
It is also very near to Tesco, Jusco and also the school. All within a 10 minutes drive.

25th Jan was the first day I worked.
That was a Dream-Comes-True for me!!!
But I don't really felt excited that day. All I could only felt was tired, blur and stress.
There were a lot of works for me on the first day.
To recognize the school, the teachers, the students and to get used to the timetable at once, wasn't easy.
I skipped my lunch for the first time ever in life because I spent all the time to submit documents and prepare myself for classes. There wasn't even a minute for me to breath, so don't ever mention lunch. With a hungry stomach, I taught classes and classes.
Thankfully those classes that I get are quite good and disciplined classes.

I am now class teacher for 3D. I teach Chinese and Moral.
I am also teaching 3B Malay and 1G Mathematics.
Teaching Malay is quite a challenge for me because I wasn't trained for Malay. I can understand Malay and also write in Malay well, but I just couldn't speak real fluently. I don't know how to teach. And after these two weeks, I tried my best to explain those long long text for them and asking them the meaning of words repeatedly. I didn't know whether my method was correct, but what I can do is just try my best!
Mathematics isn't a big problem for me. But teaching Year 1 isn't as easy as you think. The kids are so small and messy, some of them couldn't really understand what you are talking about. Hahaha
Compared to all, of course I love my own class the most. 
I am still on my hard way to recognize every each of them and understand them. I hope I could turn them a better person, not only academically, but also their attitude and discipline and also their interest about Chinese subject.

At this present stage, I am still learning to suit myself in rushing syllabus and heading a healthy, well-managed, contented lifestyle.
I will try my best to do more and more, so that my students have chances to learn more and more, not only from text book and exercise books.
I am still a newbie.
I have passion in teaching.
I hope I could improve myself and keep my passion.
I should not forget the reason I want to be a teacher, since small.

So, that's all about my first two weeks in my new school.
I hope I could update more often here.
XOXO

No comments: