Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

To all the boys I've loved before.


TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han
Worth reading: ★★ (8.5/10)
Reason: Very very smooth story. Sweetest characters ever.

Second English novel in 2015.
As you know, I had just done with my third practicum. Practicum period makes one damn busy and nearly drive me insane.
Don't even mention quality reading time, I could hardly even own some quality rest and relax. I spent every moment I got to rush my lesson plan from the first day to the very last day. 
So, thankfully those days are gone. And finally some precious reading time for me before examination comes!
I had hunted so many new good books using my bb1m in the March holidays.
I browsed through BookTubers' video, Goodreads and instagram to find good books and I only bought those books that have the most positive reputation. 
This is one of my new books.
And it is really GOOD!

I didn't plan to finish this book when I first read it. I just thought of maybe browsing through several pages since exam is coming and I am quite a slow reader. How possible for me to complete it before I start doing my revision? 
But I get really bored these 2 days I am back in hostel. Nothing to do and I got only this one book with me and nobody to talk to. 
So, what to do?
I read and read and read.
And proud to tell that I completed reading this books in not more than 3 days!!!
Big success as I have improved my reading speed and also trained my focusing.

First of all, I would like to say that I LOVE the book cover!
It is so pretty!! It is so sweet!
Don't you think so?
I think this is one of the prettiest book cover that I have owned.
Though we always said 'Don't judge a book by it's cover', I would say that pretty book cover and nice smell *weirdo like me likes to smell books* of a book boost up your interest in reading a book. 
At least for me, it works! haha 

This book is about a teenage girl named Lara Jean and some of the guys she have loved before.
Lara Jean Song Covey is a 16 years old half-Korean girl. 
Her mom was a Korean but she died when Lara Jean was 10? 
She has two sisters, Margot and Katherine. They always shared the same thing. Her mom gave her a hatbox and this is the only gift that was just for her and didn't have to share with the sisters. 
Her mom told her once that she could put all her most precious, most favorite, most secret things inside the hatbox. 

Lara Jean keeps all her love letters in a hatbox. She wrote love letters but they are all for herself. She pours all her love and feelings that she would never tell in the real life into the letters. 
She sealed it and kept them nicely inside the hatbox.
But one day, her secret letters are mailed and her life starts to go out of control and crazy.
One of the guys she loved is her sister Margot's boyfriend, Josh. 
I don't know I should consider Josh is an ex or what coz Margot broke up with him before further her studies in Scotland.
Lara Jean found really awkward when Josh came to her and asked her about the love letter he had received and read.
To avoid him, she pretends to be in a relationship with another guy who she loved before. His name is Peter.
Peter agrees too 'coz he just broke up with his girl Gen and he wanna uses Lara Jean to annoy his ex.
A lot of funny happenings among them which make this novel so funny to read.
I can feel the love between them.
The love that slowly blossoms during the fake relationship and throughout all the acting.
Peter sends short notes to her in class.
Lara Jean made sandwiches to him.
Peter feels jealous when he sees Lara Jean being too close with Josh. 
Meanwhile, Lara Jean feels annoying when she sees Peter keeps in touch with his ex Gen.
That is pretty sweet isn't it??? Awwwwww......
Peter proposes to Lara Jean at last. And they're together!!
I really get excited and feels kinda sweet when I read that part. 
But there is some misunderstanding at the very last part of the novel and Lara Jean writes another letter.
'Dear Peter......'.

Ending.
Oops!
I want them to be together!
I want to know the development of their love story!
I can't wait for the sequel and it is going to release on 26th May *if im not mistaken* but I don't think I could get it in Malaysia so soon? I will definitely rush to Popular to hunt it down immediately!!
This might not be a novel with very thrilling storyline, but it is very smooth.
It is such a good read for me to pass time. 
It definitely is since it is not very heavy. 
It is sweet and lovely.
I can't stop reading because I really want to know what would happened between Lara Jean and Peter at last, somemore I am really curious about who is the one who stole Lara Jean's secret letter and mailed them.
I felt weird actually because there isn't even one word mentioned in the book that Lara Jean tries to find out who is the one who steals her hatbox and sends all the love letters to the guys.
I was thinking why Lara Jean never try to find out? Doesn't she feel curious about it? She just accepts the fact that her hatbox got missing and the letters were sent out.
It is kinda weird and does not seemed very logical?
Thankfully at the end of the novel I knew who is the one! Curiosity fixed. XD
But what about the first question...? The love line of Lara Jean and Peter? 
I gotta wait!!! :(
Alright, at least I know they love each other. 
I wait I wait.
PS I Still Love You, please come to be soon!!!!!!!!!

I really wish the torturous exam will be soon over because I am flying off to Beijing yay!
I can't wait to see The Great Wall and the Forbidden City in real.
I can't wait to visit primary school and secondary school in China and see how the teachers teaching. I watched the video of them teaching in kinda weird accent and style so I really want to see it in real! I scare I might be laughing? hahahaha
I hope I could learn a lot of new teaching techniques and please give me some time to shop in the book store in Beijing 'coz I heard it is really good and provide a wide variety of books.
OMG I can't wait I can't wait.
Exam please go away soon soon soon.

Sorry that I'm out of the topic.
I just back from Kluang and I'm really exhausted now.
Perhaps I should sleep now I gotta drive back Muar tomorrow.
Lastly, hope you guys could enjoy reading *Read This Book* coz reading is kinda relaxing.
XOXO

No comments: