Nuffnang Ad

Friday, October 24, 2014

My dessert diaries


Quess what?
I can't believe I tried the recipe on YouTube and succeed! *Quite success I think? xD*
Here are the recipes I used and the link I referred to.
I jotted this down here so that those who are interested can have a look at it, but the most important point is that I can straight away check from my blog when I want to try them again next time.


CARAMEL PUDDING/ CREME BRULEE
This is my first attempt on dessert. I never think that I might success! XD
It is so soft and really yummy. It's texture is like taofu. I love it so much I will definitely try it again!!
But somehow if you are not a egg or milk lover, you gotta try to add some flavoring *maybe melon milk, chocolate milk etc* or make the caramel sweeter to cover up the aroma of egg and milk.

Ingredients:
1. Sugar 75g
2. Water 45cc
3. Hot water 15cc
4. Eggs 3
5. Milk 400ml

Method:
1. Pour 45cc water into the sugar and melt it under medium heat until it turns into golden-brown bubbles like.
2. Pour about 15cc of hot water into it and immediately off the gas.
3. Pour the caramel sugar into the cups and then put them into the refrigerator.
4. Stir the eggs well in a bowl. You may add in 1-2 spoons of sugar.
5. Boil the milk until it is warm before you pour it into the eggs.
6. Whisk the milk and eggs until it is even.
7. Get the cups out from the refrigerator and filled them up with the mixture of milk and eggs.
8. Put the cups of pudding on a tray which is filled with 1/2 of water then only put it into the oven.
9. Preheat the oven and bake it at 150 degree celsius for 25-30 minutes. 
10. Take them out from the oven and leave it at the room temperature.
11. Put them into the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. You may enjoy it now!
My reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43uo4QjtTEU


MACAROONS
I considered this as failed macaroons, not really well baked yet. 
The recipe I used is usable and worth a try but I guess I baked them under a lower temperature or perhaps the time I baked them is a little bit shorter. I had changed the oven temperature into 180 degree *I used 140 or 160 I couldn't remember so hopefully 180 celsius works on you* 
I turned my kitchen into a total mess! I couldn't handle those machine and oven and ingredients well. :( Thanks to my aunt for lending me a helping hand. 
I strongly advise those who would like to try on this recipe to reduce the amount of sugar/ icing sugar because it really tastes super sweet for me. But I guess macaroons taste like this. The one I tried before also kinda SWEET!

Ingredients:
1. Egg white of 2 eggs
2. Sugar 土20g
3. Icing sugar 土50g
4. Almond powder 土30g
5. Food colouring 1-2 droplets

Method:
1. Sieve the icing sugar.
2. Sieve the almond powder.
3. Mix the icing sugar and almond powder well.
4. Add in a pinch of salt and use the electric mixer to stir the egg white until it becomes cream-like material.
5. Add sugar into the cream-like egg white and mix well.
6. Add in food colouring and mix well again.
7. Add in the mixture (icing sugar and almond powder) separately into the cream-like egg white and mix well.
8. Pour the mixture into a plastic bag, cut a little hole at the edge of the plastic bag and start squeezing the mixture out onto the bakeware. 
9. Leave it for 15-25 minutes until the mixture won't stick to your fingers then only put it into the oven.
10. Preheat the oven and bake it 180 degree celsius for 土13minutes.
11. Preparing for the cream part while waiting. What you need to do is get butter melted and mix with icing sugar and some flavouring (strawberry jam/ blueberry jam/ cocoa powder etc).
12. Wipe the cream on the macaroon and it's done! :)
My reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvHoOrnawnI


CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
With the soft texture of the cake and the warm chocolate cream flows out, I can say that this is heavenly nice!
Too bad I get the cake a bit over-baked. Due to it, the chocolate lava that flowed out was limited. 8 minutes is just right. I shouldn't add 2 more minutes. *kepo me :(*
 Alright, it is still yum yum and a good try. The taste of chocolate makes you crave for more!



Ingredients (for 4-5 pieces):
1. Chocolate 土100g
2. Butter 土 100g
3. Low protein flour 30g
4. Sugar 土25g
5. Eggs 2

Method:
1. Melt the chocolate and butter under medium heat.
2. Stir the eggs until it is fulled of bubbles, add in sugar in the middle of stirring.
3. When the temperature of the mixture (chocolate and butter) get lower, add it into the eggs and stir thoroughly.
4. Sieve the flour and add it into the mixture (chocolate, butter and eggs) and mix it well.
5. Apply some butter at the surface of the cups to prevent the cake stick to it afterwards. Then, pour the mixture into the cups and put them into the oven.
6. Preheat the oven and bake the cake at 180 degree celsius for about 8 minutes.
7. Done and enjoy!
My reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAWSrkSelc

Making dessert bring sadness for you when you failed.
But the sadness is only for a while. It is short and temporary.
It brings you greater satisfaction once you succeed!
Try it and have fun!
Ciao~~~ :)

No comments: