Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Twenties Girl



TWENTIES GIRL by Sophie Kinsella
Worth reading: ★★☆ (8/10)
Reason: Simple. Interesting story line which make you hard to put the book down.


Exam was over and holidays is coming!! Yay! 
Fingers crossed for good result, please.
Finally I got my own lovely free time to write a book review for this book.
First of all, I would like to thanks Sinyi for lending me this interesting book. :)
This is my first Sophie Kinsella's and it didn't disappoint me.
It is actually quite difficult for me to type about this book review now because it had been one month plus since I put down this book.

Erm... 
*Forgive me for copying the synopsis from google and modify a bit*
Erm...erm...
It is actually about a story of Lara, who is a twenty-seven years old girl who has always had an overactive imagination. 
She attends the funeral of her great-aunt named Sadie. 
 And she gets visited by great-aunt Sadie's ghost, in form of a bold, demanding, Charleston-dancing girl. 
Sadie has one particular request: she can't rest without her precious dragonfly necklace, and because of this, she demands that Lara find it for her. 
But Lara is besieged with problems of her own, such as her uncertain future as co-founder of her own headhunting agency, and the fact that she was recently dumped by Josh, the love of her life.
Lara, coerced by Sadie, embarks upon an arduous journey to find said necklace, but in the process of doing so ends up accomplishing so much more. 
She unravels the ugly truth behind her uncle's enormous success, inadvertently unearths a long-lost love story enshrouded by the cobwebs of time, and even manages to get entangled in a love story of her own.


I could hardly put down this book when I was reading because it is really interesting and funny.
I was angry with great-aunt Sadie's ridiculous request on Lara in the beginning.
I kept on thinking that this Sadie ghost is so annoying. How could she asks Lara to wear like this, make up like that and do this and do that. How could she disturbs people's life without having any hard feeling. 
But then I also laughed a lot when I imagined Lara wearing in twenties to fulfill her great-aunt Sadie's wishes to date a guy named Ed, dancing with him and etc. XD
The story is getting more complicated in the process of finding the dragonfly necklace.
Hope rises and hope dies.
It really stimulates my curiosity to know the truth!
At the end, Lara unravels the ugly truth of her uncle. She also discovers a romantic story of
Sadie which Sadie herself never know it. And of course Lara successfully finds Sadie's dragonfly necklace lastly.
But at that moment, I knew that Sadie would disappear because she gets back her necklace which is the reason she appears at first. 
It is sad to find Lara is going to lose her special friend forever.
Awwww. :(

I got a looooong to-read-list in this holidays coz I got really lotsa books left untouched on my desk.
To buy more novels, I had to finish those with me first.
I hope I could finish as much as possible.
Reading time is happy time.
More book reviews coming soon. Perhaps. xP

No comments: