Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Motivation camp.


This is my first time being the facilitator in a primary school motivation camp. Thanks to my seniors who gave me this chance to help them and learn through this activity. The experience gained in this camp will surely contribute and help me in my internship two years later. Lets see what going on in the camp! 

雪山白云特工队
The station board made by my team students.
At first I was a bit shy to know them too, but I gonna be a teacher so I have to be confident and get along with my students. The first thing to do is Introduction! Because calling the correct name can turn the following interaction better. :)

There were 4 boys and 3 girls in my team. I have to admit that I dont like them at the beginning because they were way too passive. They were so shy and their mind were so negative thinking. They refused to co-operate with me when I asked them to keep quiet because they claimed that they were the lousiest group, no point to act perfectly and keep quiet. I was kinda fed up when I heard such negative comments from them. I was here to guide them and I think I have the responsibility to help them but not see them deteriorate. I dont want my group to be the last group. I want them to be the champion, no, at least they tried their very best!

Seniors guided us for some easy dance (手语). I tried my best to encourage my group members to get high and shake their body *Though I was always the shy and passive girl in my campus* They danced better afterwards. We were given a talk about parents-children relation at night. I was quiet sleepy. It was followed by Wayang Kulit (皮影戏) by Helen senior. I like the show very much because I found the story was meaningful and the show was interesting. I think I can use this idea later too. Slept at about 1am after some briefing and discussion with seniors. Felt quite sorry coz I was quite blur actually. @_@

Woke up at 6am with super swollen eyes. On stage for warming up. I liked the games time!! I found my team changed a bit through the games as they seemed like more cooperative with one another, more polite and really tried their best to gain the diamond score. I was given the responsibility in guiding two games: 飘飘欲坠 and 无羽伦比. It was a passing tissue paper without using limbs games. Another one is doing badminton servis and other members tried to catch the ball using a basket carried behind the back. There were another 4 game stations. I think every stations never fail to make the kids feeling enjoyable. Really amazed by my seniors coz the games prepared by them were really interesting! I would like to have a try on all the game too!
We were attending a motivating talk in between the game session. It was a great talk as the presenter was super funny. His face emotion was really vivid and funny. I hope I could have the talking skill like that too so that my audiences wont fall asleep when I'm presenting next time. 生于忧患,死于安乐。我要“变态”!XD


 With my team leader.
 My team. They are great and I hope they will succeed in their life.
Only knew that the team leader's house is so near with mine. Only knew that the girl at the right is learning calligraphy from my teacher too but I didnt recognize her at the first sight.
Fated. :)
 Hippo and Giraffe girls.
 Guys facilitator - 太阳哥哥振宇、清风哥哥联辉、星星哥哥Desmond XD
The girls - 彩虹姐姐禾瑜、我是白云Hippo、还有月亮阿嬷Girafa.

Really enjoy the camp. Though the time was short, I learnt a lot and gained a lot of experience in the camp. Though I was super tired and exhausted after the camp, still I found it was meaningful and enriched my weekend time. Hope I can join such amazing camp again. Hope I manage to organize such great camp in the future. Gambateh Hwaiting Jiayou!!
(: END :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahah~thks for helping us through out the camp,n sorry for owaz wrongly wrote ur name,n finally ur corrected cert is wif me now!haha~

Jing Chan said...

Welcome, I learnt a lot from you all too! ^^ Haha, my name too special dy~ :P